Sunday, July 6, 2014

That'll Shut A Kid Up

So my cousins were in full blown five-year old mode running and yelling and terrorizing every living thing within their sight. Their motives were only to push the envelope of annoyance as far as they could. Trust me, I remember what I was like when I was five, I know exactly what their intentions were. 

Rather than scold them or yell at them or tell them to quit acting their age so the rest of us big-kids could focus on things like engaged conversations about the weather or news updates about Obamacare, I simply put down my computer, reached into my pocket and pulled out two pennies. Walking them both over to the hallway I told them that they were now going to be in a competition with each other to see who could hold their penny to the wall with their nose the longest, and whoever won, I would give them a secret prize. 

They've been standing there quietly with their snouts on Abe Lincoln for 35 minutes. 

I think I might be on to something here.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment